Gallery: Clacton Airshow success despite no Red Arrows
EVEN though the Red Arrows not able to make it, this year’s show went off to a great start as the crowds packed out the town’s seafront.
Spectators were treated to spectacular displays from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Falcons Display Team and the Sea King Search and Rescue.
Tendring District Council (TDC) received confirmation of the Red Arrow team’s withdrawal from the 20th anniversary show following the tragic death of Flight Lieutenant Jon Eggings on August 20.
In their place, were Hunter, Sabre Fighter and Catalina aircarfts which received strong support from flight fans at this year’s 20th anniversary show.
A host of activities were also set-up on the greensward on Marine Parade West, including the RAF Village, Lifehouse, Mersea Island Oysters, and the Dedham Cup Cake Company along with the English Cricket Board arena.
You may also want to watch:
Dream 100 was also on site providing the musical entertainment while foodies enjoyed a hog roast.
It is hoped the introduction of the park and ride scheme reduced traffic congestion at this year’s show. Tendring Community Transport’s 15-seater minibuses ferried showgoers to and from the seafront all day from Clacton’s Factory Outlet.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
The event will continue today with flight shows starting from 1pm. Entry is free.