Gallery: Flavours aplenty at Flavours of 2013 festival
- Credit: Archant
Culinary fans learned from the region’s best at a celebration of food and drink.
The second annual Flavours of 2013 was held at Henham Park, near Southwold, over the weekend with thousands of people enjoying a taste sensation.
The event, backed by the East of England Co-op, had something for everyone as well as the chance to taste lots of products from dozens of local food and drink producers.
Vivienne Maunder, one of the organisers, said: “It was absolutely fantastic although we were a little disappointed with the weather.
“The crowds really poured in and there was a really good vibe going on.
You may also want to watch:
“People sat around enjoying the music and watching the chefs in action.”
Chefs including Tyler Torrance from The Crown in Southwold, celebrity patissier Will Torrent and Robert Mace from Satis House in Yoxford appeared in the Anglia Factors Cookery Theatre to showcase their skills. The star attraction was Sean Wilson of The Great Northern Cookbook.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Mrs Maunder added: “We had a couple of sessions involving taking food from fishnet to fork and farm to table where people have come along to butcher meat and gut fish before creating fresh dishes.”
Along with musicians and other entertainment, the line- up featured stalls from producers including Adnams, Bushells Bakers and Friday Street Farm Shop.
Other sponsors included the East Anglian Daily Times, Suffolk magazine, BBC Radio Suffolk, Adnams, Anglia Factors, Suffolk Coastal District Council, The Angel Hotel in Bury St Edmunds, Bespoke at the Crown Hotel in Woodbridge and Orwell Trucks.