Gallery: Flavours aplenty at Flavours of 2013 festival
- Credit: Archant
Culinary fans learned from the region’s best at a celebration of food and drink.
The second annual Flavours of 2013 was held at Henham Park, near Southwold, over the weekend with thousands of people enjoying a taste sensation.
The event, backed by the East of England Co-op, had something for everyone as well as the chance to taste lots of products from dozens of local food and drink producers.
Vivienne Maunder, one of the organisers, said: “It was absolutely fantastic although we were a little disappointed with the weather.
“The crowds really poured in and there was a really good vibe going on.
“People sat around enjoying the music and watching the chefs in action.”
Chefs including Tyler Torrance from The Crown in Southwold, celebrity patissier Will Torrent and Robert Mace from Satis House in Yoxford appeared in the Anglia Factors Cookery Theatre to showcase their skills. The star attraction was Sean Wilson of The Great Northern Cookbook.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 5 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 10 Here's what Town fans are saying about Keogh signing
Mrs Maunder added: “We had a couple of sessions involving taking food from fishnet to fork and farm to table where people have come along to butcher meat and gut fish before creating fresh dishes.”
Along with musicians and other entertainment, the line- up featured stalls from producers including Adnams, Bushells Bakers and Friday Street Farm Shop.
Other sponsors included the East Anglian Daily Times, Suffolk magazine, BBC Radio Suffolk, Adnams, Anglia Factors, Suffolk Coastal District Council, The Angel Hotel in Bury St Edmunds, Bespoke at the Crown Hotel in Woodbridge and Orwell Trucks.