Gallery: It’s panto season in Great Barton - oh yes it is!
- Credit: Andy Abbott
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory, but in one Suffolk village the traditional seasonal pantomime is about to start.
Adventure in Pantoland, a production to celebrate the Barton Players’ 35 years of pantomime, is taking place from today.
It is dubbed an “all singing all dancing show” which is a “magical journey through the world of pantomime”.
It features stories from six favourite pantomimes: Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Dick Whittington, Aladdin and Cinderella.
The pantomime tradition in the village started when local actors began providing Christmas entertainment for sheltered housing homes and local village societies.
You may also want to watch:
Adventure in Pantoland is being staged at Great Barton Village Hall today at 7.30pm, tomorrow at 7.30pm and on Saturday at 2pm and 7.30pm. To book tickets call 01359 231413.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'