Gallery: Lavenham Art Festival shaping up to be the best yet
- Credit: Archant
Lavenham’s creative community has been putting the finishing touches to hundreds of art works that will be on show throughout the village over the next bank holiday weekend.
Works from artists, sculptors, potters and glassmakers will be on display throughout the three-day Lavenham Art Festival.
There will be 11 open studios to meet artists and view their work, while Market Place will be transformed into a live workshop where spectators can watch the various artists at work.
Among those working will be the internationally renowned Kate Denton, who will be creating a life-size sculpture of two Shetland ponies.
The Suffolk Art Society is holding an exhibition in the church and children’s art work can be seen in the local school.
You may also want to watch:
Free programmes will be available and there will be food and live music all weekend. Visit www.lovelavenham.co.uk
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain