Gallery/review: Ipswich Gang Show, 75th Anniversary, the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich, to April 6
- Credit: Archant
My foot started tapping from the very first number and didn’t stop until the very end of last night’s dress rehearsal.
Enthusiastic Scouts, Guides, Brownies, Explorers and Rangers from across the area had a blast staging their annual variety show. You can’t help but be carried along on the crest of the wave with them.
With more than 20 routines, many featuring multiple musical numbers or skits, there really is something for everybody to enjoy; whether you’re into The Beatles or Nickelback. The latter’s Rock Star, given a twist I won’t spoil here, was one of many highlights.
The Just Kids segment will bring a smile to many parents’ faces, the cast’s special version of Swan Lake was very funny and the Mini Gang’s A Fishy Tail proved there’s lots of fun under the sea. The Drummer Boy number was particularly well done, as was the signed version of I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing.
Sung, danced and staged fantastically throughout, the band deserve a special mention for tackling so many songs so well.
All involved deserve congratulations and full houses to perform for.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 4 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 9 Matchday Live: Blues bid to take step towards Wembley as young Gunners visit
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14