Gallery/review: Ipswich Gang Show, 75th Anniversary, the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich, to April 6
- Credit: Archant
My foot started tapping from the very first number and didn’t stop until the very end of last night’s dress rehearsal.
Enthusiastic Scouts, Guides, Brownies, Explorers and Rangers from across the area had a blast staging their annual variety show. You can’t help but be carried along on the crest of the wave with them.
With more than 20 routines, many featuring multiple musical numbers or skits, there really is something for everybody to enjoy; whether you’re into The Beatles or Nickelback. The latter’s Rock Star, given a twist I won’t spoil here, was one of many highlights.
The Just Kids segment will bring a smile to many parents’ faces, the cast’s special version of Swan Lake was very funny and the Mini Gang’s A Fishy Tail proved there’s lots of fun under the sea. The Drummer Boy number was particularly well done, as was the signed version of I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing.
Sung, danced and staged fantastically throughout, the band deserve a special mention for tackling so many songs so well.
You may also want to watch:
All involved deserve congratulations and full houses to perform for.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff