Gallery: Review - Tom Odell, Forest Live, Thetford Forest, July 5
Singer-songwriter Tom Odell took to the stage at Thetford Forest last night to play out the final show of the Forest Live concert series in Suffolk.
On a fresh evening, an expectant crowd, who filled the clearing at the High Lodge centre, was entertained as Odell played material from his best-selling 2013 debut album Long Way Down, together with new material.
Hits like the haunting Another Love, the upbeat Hold Me and the uplifting Grow Old With Me had the audience singing along while Odell’s soulful rendition of Real Love received rapturous applause.
Odell spent most of the evening where he is most comfortable – crashing out tunes from his piano.
He made a few forays to the front of the stage, but he was less convincing as a fully-fledged frontman. His best moments came when he played the slower keyboard-led ballads.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd was made up of families who were swaying together and couples, many hand in hand – a lovely way to round off a summer’s weekend.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing