Gallery: Stagecoach performers from Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket put on music hall and variety show
- Credit: Archant
Old time musical favourites have been brought to the stage by a group of young performers and their mentors.
On Saturday 20 young people from the ‘senior’ section of Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket Stagecoach put on a music hall and variety show at the St John’s Centre in Bury St Edmunds.
They were joined on stage by a number of adults, including Caroline Ranson, principal of the Bury and Stowmarket Stagecoach schools, and her father Michael Phillips.
The two performances on Saturday were in aid of a fund for the fabric of St John’s Church in Bury.
Mrs Ranson said: “It was good. Seats were full and it went really well.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The young people thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was great fun.”
She said they had put on such a show at the St John’s Centre a couple of years ago and decided to do it again due to its success.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
A big Stagecoach showcase is taking place at the Apex in Bury on March 29.
To book tickets call the box office on 01284 758000 or visit www.theapex.co.uk