Gallery: Students at Kesgrave High School turn into roving reporters for World Book Day
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Students at Kesgrave High School have turned into roving reporters for the day to celebrate this year’s World Book Day.
The pupils were tasked with interviewing teachers, sixth formers and members of staff around the school on what their favourite books are and why, before editing the video interviews into a package for the school’s website later today.
English teacher Lauren Hunwicks said: “What we are trying to do is promote talking about reading, so that children don’t just read but talk about it, and pass on that love of reading to other people.
“We thought that interviewing teachers would be really good to get that adult influence.”
The school hopes that across the three classes taking part more than 100 teachers members of staff will have been interviewed for the project.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hunwicks added: “In previous years we did things like dressing up as book characters, but this year we wanted it to be more interactive.”
In the afternoon, 30 students from KHS will be involved in reading classes with year six students at Cedarwood Primary School, who will be moving up to KHS in September.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
Miss Hunwicks added: “It’s just all about trying top get that idea across that you can share books with other people.”
Are your children dressed up today for World Book Day? Send us your pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org.