Suffolk's 'funniest' performer's promise a night of laughs with new play
- Credit: Gallery Players
An Ipswich theatre has returned in a brand new location and is promising "laughs" for the town after the year we've all had.
The Gallery Players, an amateur dramatics society, returns in its 36th anniversary year with the Mystery of Edwin Drood at its brand new location - the Gallery Studio Theatre in St George's Street.
Charles Dickens' mystery was unfinished so the audience gets to decide which of the many possible suspects committed murder.
Wade Ablitt, director of Edwin Drood and on the steering group for the Gallery Players, said: "The show is incredibly exciting as not only is it terrific to be performing a fun musical comedy after the last few years we’ve all had with a cast of Suffolk’s funniest and most vocally gifted performers!
"But it’s also our first production in our brand new home. The Gallery Studio Theatre and we hope audiences will really embrace the new space and come and laugh with us for a few hours!"
You may also want to watch:
It runs from September 8 until Saturday, September 18 with performances starting at 7.45 pm.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone