Gallery: Top riders thrill crowds at Rougham Bolddog FMX Championships
DAZZLING tricks and daredevil stunts kept crowds entertained as thousands of visitors flocked to west Suffolk for a freestyle moto-cross competition.
The best riders in the UK thrilled fans at the UK’s only freestyle contest, staged at Rougham Airfield outside Bury St Edmunds, on Saturday.
Organised by Bolddog action sports company, the show attracted about 4,000 people from all across the country, as the riders battled it out for the Bolddog FMX Championship title.
Andy Godbold, one of the organisers of the event, said he had been thrilled with people’s reactions.
“The whole team made this a fantastic event,” he said. “The support has been brilliant.”
You may also want to watch:
Amateur and professional freestylers performed an array of death-defying stunts such as the holy grab, kiss of death, dead body and look back heart attack to the delight of the crowd while jumping up to 40ft in the air.
Chris Birch, the UK’s top FMX Rider from Haverhill, won the contest thanks to his show- stealing back-flip.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester
“We would love to come back next year,” Mr Godbold said.
For more details, visit www.bolddogfmx.com.