Get out your buckets and spades for Stowmarket’s beach party
- Credit: Lucy taylor
The line-up for a town’s annual beach party has been announced.
Stowmarket Beach Party, which takes place from 2pm on the town’s recreation ground on September 5, will offer free family entertainment, along with the return of the Golden Mile, which is in its second year. An expected 250 runners will run the mile, finishing at the recreation ground.
For children there will be a sand pit until 8pm, and a bouncy castle until 7pm.
There will be three Punch and Judy shows, at 3pm, 4.40pm and 6pm, and there are donkeys giving rides to youngsters, from 2.45-4.45pm and 5.15-7.15pm.
There is also a circus skills workshop from 2-7pm.
Momentos get the party started on the Gipping Press Stage, hosted by Town 102’s Paul Morris, at 2.30pm, with performances also from Max Wildwood, The Phil Jackson Rock and Roll Band, Eve and Richard, Switch, Connor Adams, and JS and the Lockerbillies. The event ends with an open-air screening of Frozen, starting at 8pm.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 6 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast