Get out your buckets and spades for Stowmarket’s beach party
- Credit: Lucy taylor
The line-up for a town’s annual beach party has been announced.
Stowmarket Beach Party, which takes place from 2pm on the town’s recreation ground on September 5, will offer free family entertainment, along with the return of the Golden Mile, which is in its second year. An expected 250 runners will run the mile, finishing at the recreation ground.
For children there will be a sand pit until 8pm, and a bouncy castle until 7pm.
There will be three Punch and Judy shows, at 3pm, 4.40pm and 6pm, and there are donkeys giving rides to youngsters, from 2.45-4.45pm and 5.15-7.15pm.
There is also a circus skills workshop from 2-7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Momentos get the party started on the Gipping Press Stage, hosted by Town 102’s Paul Morris, at 2.30pm, with performances also from Max Wildwood, The Phil Jackson Rock and Roll Band, Eve and Richard, Switch, Connor Adams, and JS and the Lockerbillies. The event ends with an open-air screening of Frozen, starting at 8pm.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening