Great British Bake Off stars join Jimmy’s Harvest Festival of Sausage and Beer line-up
- Credit: PA
Great British Bake Off stars Flora Shedden and Richard Burr share the bill with top music acts Reef and Chas and Dave at this year’s Jimmy’s Harvest Festival of Sausage and Beer.
The line-up for the Wherstead farm’s music and food festival, which runs July 23-24, has been confirmed. It is a marriage of two popular events staged over the years – Harvest Festival, featuring music; and the Sausage and Beer Festival.
Jimmy Doherty, owner of the Wherstead farm, said: “This year we’ve brought the two together for a truly brilliant two days which really do have something for everyone, including the children which, as a family venue, is so important to us.”
Playing the two music stages will be West Country band Reef, known for songs including Place Your Hands On; as well as singer-songwriter Newton Faulkner. Making a welcome return for 2016 will be cockney duo Chas and Dave. Other music acts include Ulysses, Killamonjambo, Tors, Jake Morrell, White Eskimo, Company B, The Diabolos and James Burrage.
There’s also a a cookery demonstration area with the line-up of chefs showcasing their skills including the likes of Gennaro Contaldo, Jack Monroe, DJ BBQ., Marcus Bean and Matty Cockin.
Chefs will also go head to head in a Ready Steady Cook challenge and the annual sausage eating contest always goes down well.
Younger visitors can enjoy the kids’ zone. Activities range from animal petting and circus skills to puppetry and, new for this year, a science and nature trail.
- 1 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 2 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 3 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 4 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 6 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 7 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 8 Historic Suffolk hotel and restaurant set for closure
- 9 A-Level results: Joy for students across Suffolk
- 10 Ex-Town defender wants to win League One title with Owls
The star of CBBC’s Mr Bloom’s Nursery, Mr Bloom, who inspires children to get involved and inspired by nature, will also be entertaining youngsters.
“We’re proud of our line-up which brings in some fantastic international music acts like Reef and Newton Faulkner and we’re also supporting local up and coming artists like Polar Collective and Adam Double,” added Mr Doherty.
“We also have some really exciting things planned for the cookery stage bringing in brilliantly talented chefs in the form of Gennaro Contaldo, Great British Bake Off star Flora Shedden, Jack Monroe and the incredibly entertaining DJ BBQ.”
Tickets for the festival, including options for camping, are on sale now. click here www.jimmysfestival.co.uk for more details.