Greyhound is still in the lead with less than 24 hours left to place your vote ahead of Suffolk Dog Day
- Credit: Archant
There are less than 12 hours left to have your say on what dog you think should win Dog of the Decade with the greyhound still sitting at first place on the Suffolk Dog Day leaderboard.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the annual Suffolk Dog Day event, this year being held at Helmingham Hall on Sunday, July 30.
The vote to find Suffolk’s favourite dog was launched last year where there was only one winner, but to celebrate the events 10th birthday this year there will be 10 winners.
Suffolk Community Foundation’s development director Tim Holder said he was impressed with how many people had voted.
“It’s amazing that over 3,000 people have already voted for Suffolk Dog Day’s Dog of the Decade,” he said. “The voting has been passionate, fast and furious, with so many people getting behind the dogs they love best.
You may also want to watch:
“We are celebrating 10 years of this wonderful event for all the family at Helmingham Hall on July 30 and over £435,000 has been raised for Suffolk charities and community groups.
“To celebrate our great friend and TV legend, Peter Purves, will be announcing 10 special parades made up of the top 10 breeds of dog that Suffolk has chosen as their favourites.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
Currently the greyhound is in first place, the labrador at second and the Cockapoo sitting at third place.
You can vote and view the live leader board here, but make sure you get your vote in by midnight.
Your vote enters you into a prize draw to win free tickets to the Suffolk Dog Day and a doggy goody bag.
The day is going to be packed with activities ranging from entertainment and demonstrations, stalls and fun dog classes.
Tickets are available at the gate on the day but you will only be able to pay in cash.