Halesworth: teenage singer-songwriter Freya Roy releases second self-recorded EP
- Credit: Archant
A seventeen-year-old singer-songwriter has released her second EP in as many years – despite having not yet left college.
Talented Halesworth teen Freya Roy also recorded, mixed and produced every track featured on Tomorrow, which she released last month after a five date tour around London and East Anglia.
Freya, who describes her music as having a “jazz-influenced, indie-folk-blues sound” said the tour went “really well and was a lot of fun”.
“I’m now hoping to hit all the festivals and possibly play at a big event this summer,” she said.
Taking influence from artists such as KT Tunstall and Imogen Heap, Freya creates layers of harmonies, vocals and guitars over one another using a Loop Station effects pedal. The distinctive sound has caught the attention of BBC Radio Norfolk, which made her one of its featured artists last year, and also earned her a slot at the Cambridge Folk Festival.
You may also want to watch:
The former Framlingham College student is finishing her A-levels at sixth form in Lowestoft before setting off for Birmingham Conservatoire to study jazz for four years starting in September.
“I’m hoping to become a stronger, more advanced musician but I’m definitely going to carry on with my live stuff and maybe do some bigger tours,” she said.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
The six-track EP is available to download online from iTunes and Freya’s website www.freyaroy.co.uk