Haughley Park stately home near Stowmarket to host British Symphony Orchestra performing ABBA and Elvis
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk stately home will be opening its grounds this summer for a series of open air “picnic” concerts featuring a symphony orchestra’s rendition of two iconic artists.
Haughley Park near Stowmarket is hosting two performances next month when the 44-piece British Symphony Orchestra, featuring some of the UK’s most revered musicians, will provide the “powerful and moving” backing for the music of Elvis and ABBA.
International singers and performers will take to the stage to perform the likes of The Wonder of You by Elvis and Dancing Queen by ABBA, enhanced with some “blasting brass” and “punchy percussion”.
Nick Conrad, director of CLGroup Companies, the event organisers, said: “Even those who are not fans of these artists will love these concerts. Imagine blending the amazing vocals and unique sounds of both of these artists with the full force of a symphony orchestra.
“The results made my hair stand on end.”
You may also want to watch:
Led by internationally renowned conductor Philip MacKenzie, of London’s Mozart Symphony Orchestra and the Amadeus Orchestra, the musicians will perform at both Haughley Park and at Cromer Hall in Norfolk.
Martin Lord, creative director of CLGroup added: “We’re delighted to be putting on exclusive and intimate outdoor concerts in 2017.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
“Both nights promise to be very special. We’re working with the world’s best orchestrators and musicians for two truly special concerts.”
Haughley Park is a privately owned and family-run estate set in undulating parkland where people are invited to enjoy picnics
Ellie Williams of the Williams Family, owners of Haughley Park, said “We’re excited to welcome the British Symphony Orchestra to Haughley Park.
“Their performance of the iconic music of ABBA and Elvis Presley will be an exciting and unique way for people to enjoy the beautiful parkland setting.”
The Music of ABBA will be performed on Saturday, July 8, from 7.30pm while the Music of Elvis will be the following evening at 6.15pm.
All tickets for the concerts cost £38. People can visit here to buy tickets or call 0333 666 3366.