‘I haven’t quit anything’ - Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran responds to ‘hoo-har’ about his social media exodus
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has responded to reports that he left social media because of hostile comments insisting: “I haven’t quit anything”.
The Suffolk superstar had spoken in a recent interview about the “mean things” people said to him on Twitter and how it could “ruin” his day.
However, on Instagram last night, Ed, who attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, made it clear he was not leaving social media - he was just refusing to read the negative comments any more.
“Loads of Hoo-har about me quitting stuff,” he said.
“I haven’t quit anything.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just not reading anything, except Harry Potter.
“Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th yo.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
In December 2015, Ed announced he was taking a year-long break from social media, and music, when he went off into the “wilderness”.
He later shared details of his time off, when he went travelling to places including Australia, Iceland and Ghana.