Interview with The Vamps ahead of their Newmarket concert
- Credit: Archant
Tristan Evans from The Vamps reveals his favourite artists, why they picked Newmarket, which songs he enjoys singing and more.
Popular boy band The Vamps will be headlining summer Saturday live at Newmarket Racecourses at the end of this month.
The group of four will take to the stage after an afternoon of horse racing at the Adnams July Course on August 25.
It will be the Somebody to You singers first time at the venue, they said: “We are really excited to headline Newmarket Racecourses, it’s going to be our first racecourse headline show. We’ll be playing lots of new songs as well as old. Bring your hats and let’s have a dance.”
Tristan Evans, a member of the band, revealed what attracted them to the racecourse venue. He said: “They’re just fun because everyone is having a good time and you can have a good time as well – it allows you to relax a lot more on stage. I mean, with arenas, you’re there for the arena.
“You’re there for the show, but when you’re on a racecourse, everyone is there for the good times, for the good vibes, the good food, the racing, and a little bit of music.”
The band have now been together for six years and have reached two billion streams, so do they keep their fans in mind when creating music?
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 6 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 8 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 9 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
Tris explained: “Oh yeah, 100%. We’re always working with people we worked with on the first album. Obviously you need to pay attention to what’s working now and the people, when we listen to them, we try to create something different every time. Like, Just My Type is more of an 80’s sound, a bit different.
“We’re always writing and the fans want content as soon as possible, they love new stuff, which is always exciting. We were like lets just create a full album with all the songs we’ve written in the last year and then just release it.”
The 24-year-old also said how he really likes American rapper’s Rick Ross and Lil Pump. But what songs is Tris most looking forward to singing to fans on August 25?
He said: “I do like Middle of the Night, I like All Night. Paper Hearts is cool, and Same to You. Off the new album, Just My Type is a good one, and Time Is Not On Our Side.”
Tickets are still available for the show and can be bought here.