Ipswich: Angelina the Ballerina had kids dancing with joy
IT was every little girl’s dream come true, watching children’s character Angelina the Ballerina and her friends come to life on stage at The Regent Theatre.
Angelina The Ballerina The Mousical follows the characters from the hit kids’ show as they prepare to star on Dancing With Mice.
The show opens with a lively, dance routine that quickly brought a hushed silence to the over-excited audience. The director has told of the challenges she faced creating a production to hold the attention of three and four-year-olds, and it is a challenge she more than rose to.
Breaking the show into two half-hour portions made it easy for the children to digest and the heady mix of songs, drama and dance made it entertaining and easy to follow even for the very youngest members of the audience.
As the final curtain came down on the characters from Camembert Academy – and their special guests from a local dance school – the children in the audience were jumping out of their seats, dancing and waving their Angelina pops in the air.
You may also want to watch:
With ballet, mouse tails, hip hop moves and easy to pick-up dance routines thrown in, who could ask for anything more?
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Matchday Live: Town unchanged as owner Johnson watches on
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill