Ipswich: Barry Manilow confirmed to perform Portman Road concert
- Credit: PA
Multi-million selling singer Barry Manilow has confirmed he is playing in Ipswich next year at Portman Road.
The seventy-year-old superstar songwriter will play in Suffolk as part of an eight-date May tour which will culminate with a headline slot at London’s O2.
The last time Ipswich Town hosted a gig was in 2010 when pop star Pink played her hits.
Previous big-names to have played on the pitch include Elton John, REM and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Manilow will play Ipswich on Friday, May 16.
You may also want to watch:
His website is due to be selling tickets in the coming days.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision