Ipswich film-maker Sam Travis ‘overwhelmed’ by response to Eat Your Principles
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk film-maker has been “overwhelmed” by the response to his latest project after being inundated with offers of support.
Sam Travis, who grew up in Claydon, appealed last week for actors and film crew to take part in the Eat Your Principles film, which begins shooting in the Ipswich area next month.
More than 300 people got in touch with Mr Travis, from which he has selected up to 20 extras and a group of runners to help with the filming. The film, which is a not-for-profit enterprise, also raised more than half of the £5,000 needed to finance it in just four days. Mr Travis and his team have made a thank you video to their supporters, which can be seen above.
“We had no idea we’d get such a overwhelmingly positive response,” Mr Travis said. “Everyone is so keen to help out in any way possible and I can’t wait to see everyone bring the set to life.”
The film, which has been written by Ana Garcia Rico, who will also direct, tells the story of a misanthropic ageing man battling with his fear of dying alone, whose outlook on life begins to change after being followed by a duck. Mr Travis said he had chose to film in his home county, having been inspired by its “beautiful yet desolate landscape”. He will be making the film with graduates from the University of Arts London and hopes to repeat the success of previous award-winning projects.
You may also want to watch:
Visit igg.me/at/eatyourprinciplesfilm to support the film financially.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire