Ipswich: M People to play Regent
- Credit: Archant
MERCURY prize winners M People bring their 20th Anniversary Greatest Hits Tour to the Ipswich Regent this autumn.
Formed by Mike Pickering and Paul Heard; they emerged out of Manchester’s club scene in the early 1990s and went on to sell more than 11million records.
With Heather Small at the mic, M People released 20 top 40 singles and 10 top 10s, including Moving On Up, Search For The Hero and One Night In Heaven.
Twenty years after the release of acclaimed second album Elegant Slumming they are embarking on their first full tour in eight years.
“I’m really looking forward to getting back on the road with the guys again. It’s been eight years since we last toured together and we always have such fun, you can expect a big party on that stage,” said Heather.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the October 15 gig go on sale this Friday, April 26, at 10am.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it