Ipswich: Mumford and Sons coming to the Regent.
Mumford and Sons will play the Ipswich Regent on November 23, it’s been announced.
The four-piece played the Apex in Bury St Edmunds earlier in the year. The gig sold out fast and was broadcast on a big screen outside for those who couldn’t get tickets.
Debut album Sigh No More has gone four times platinum in the UK and twice platinum in the US. Follow-up Babel, and new single I Will Wait, were released this week.
Ted Dwane describes the new album as very them.
“When we made the first album it was to be a snapshot of Mumford and Sons in 2009. This is exactly the same — but it’s us now and there’s a lot of the live energy in there — that was very much what we were trying to capture. Creating the album over the course of a year, going into the studio then back out touring, then back into the studio... it’s almost as if the road has rubbed off on the album.”
Now it’s back to business adds Winston Marshall.
“Now we’ve finished it we can get touring again, which is what we set out to do when we started the band.”
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 10 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
Tickets for The Tour Of Two Halves go on sale from 9am this Friday. For more entertainment news follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter