Ipswich: Mumford and Sons coming to the Regent.
Mumford and Sons will play the Ipswich Regent on November 23, it’s been announced.
The four-piece played the Apex in Bury St Edmunds earlier in the year. The gig sold out fast and was broadcast on a big screen outside for those who couldn’t get tickets.
Debut album Sigh No More has gone four times platinum in the UK and twice platinum in the US. Follow-up Babel, and new single I Will Wait, were released this week.
Ted Dwane describes the new album as very them.
“When we made the first album it was to be a snapshot of Mumford and Sons in 2009. This is exactly the same — but it’s us now and there’s a lot of the live energy in there — that was very much what we were trying to capture. Creating the album over the course of a year, going into the studio then back out touring, then back into the studio... it’s almost as if the road has rubbed off on the album.”
You may also want to watch:
Now it’s back to business adds Winston Marshall.
“Now we’ve finished it we can get touring again, which is what we set out to do when we started the band.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
Tickets for The Tour Of Two Halves go on sale from 9am this Friday. For more entertainment news follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter