Ipswich: Night of chat with leading author de Bernieres
Eastern Angles’ artistic director Ivan Cutting will be quizzing acclaimed Captain Corelli’s Mandolin author Louis de Bernieres this Sunday.
The night of chat and song, which starts at 7.30pm, is part of the Ipswich-based theatre company’s three-year-campaign to raise £100,000 through public support.
Any money raised will be matched pound for pound as part of the Arts Council’s Catalyst scheme.
“We’re under pressure, some of the local authority funding is starting to disappear, we’ve had certain cuts within our arts council funding in the last year… it’s the nature of the times we live in,” said Ivan.
“We’re very lucky because we have a very loyal audience who seem willing to put their hands in their pockets to keep organisations like us alive.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s about thriving, not just surviving… about making the work properly accessible to people and keeping up what we do best – taking work out to the far-flung spots of the region.”
The theatre is raising the money in a number of ways including special events, its regular Copperfield Programme, various campaigns plus applications to trusts and foundations.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
General manager Matthew Linley is doing a sponsored cycle ride this month, visiting many of the places featured in past Eastern Angles’ shows.
Eastern Angles is also holding a murder mystery evening on July 14, 7.30pm, written by Ivan. The audience will be split into groups and explore the Sir John Mills Theatre, Gatacre Road, Ipswich, for clues and interrogate suspects.
To book tickets for either event call 01473 211498, 07789 933558 or visit www.easternangles.co.uk
For entertainment news see Friday’s Events guide and follow @Whatsonwayne on Twitter.