Ipswich: Quick fire Al has his audience in fits of laughter
INFORMED, intelligent, bigoted, worldly wise, outrageous, insulting .... and totally hilarious.
That’s the wonder of Al Murray as he had his audience in fits of laughter tonight with many left totally embarrased.
The advice is: don’t arrive late for one of his shows and be careful if you want to take a quick exit part way through. For he’ll be merciless with you.
The comic, who is on a punishing tour of the country with his Only Way Is Epic show and best know for his stand up persona and quick repartee as The Pub Landlord, had advice for putting the world to right.
It included his own brand of criticism of 50 Shades of Grey, politicians, the Euro crisis, Olympics, the Royal Family, parenthood, Scottish independence or as he put it the People’s Republic of Jockestan, women, the youth of the day, dads, decision and discipline, and how to solve the riddle of packing away a pop up tent.
You may also want to watch:
But it’s his interaction with the first few rows of the audience for which he is so well known and loved.
A few bald heads were picked out as being like stepping stone and those who arrived late all had to give an excuse with each one getting his own particular words of advice.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
There was a great cheer when not one, but two Kevin and Tracey’s were found sitting near the front and Al went through a raft of routines on how to get the country back on its feet and the background to the problems with the Euro and how to solve it ... but, he admitted that “it’s more complicated than that!”
Kind words and admiration was saved for what he described as one of the delights of the Royal Family in the “shape” of Pippa Middleton.
But he feared a world crisis looming with ladies decorating a particular part of their anatomy.
It was by consensus a priceless 150-minute show.