Ipswich: Regent date for Yazoo star Alison Moyet
- Credit: Archant
Alison Moyet is coming to the Ipswich Regent Theatre on October 13.
The Basildon-born singer-songwriter will perform tracks from her first album since 2007, the minutes, alongside her back catalogue of hits.
Starting her musical journey in punk bands and on the Canvey Island pub rock scene; her piano tuning studies came to a halt when Only You became a worldwide hit for her and Vince Clarke, aka Yazoo.
The multiple Brit Award winner went on to have a successful solo career as well as appearing on stage in the West End.
The new album was written with and produced by Guy Sigsworth, known for his work with Frou Frou, Robyn, Björk, Goldie and Madonna.
You may also want to watch:
Paralleling her synth-pop past, it’s bang up-to-date too; taking in elements of high-end pop smashes, RnB, modern club sounds and electronic experimentation.
“I avoided listening to anything during the process of writing and recording this album, choosing instead to be lead by my own melodic voice, the one I now find myself with 30-years-in”, said Alison.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
“Guy Sigsworth returns me to a programmer’s world and marries it with perfect musicality. I have been waiting for him. We have made an album mindless of industry mores that apply to middle-aged women and have shunned all talk of audiences, demographics and advert jazz covers. This has easily been my happiest studio experience.”
Tickets go on sale at 10am on March 8.
For the latest entertainment news follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter.