Ipswich: Royal Opera House performance to be shown live at Christchurch Park
OPERA fans new and old can feel part of the action as a live performance is beamed direct from one of London’s most famous theatres to Ipswich.
Performances of Madam Butterfly and Cinderella will be staged at Covent Garden’s Royal Opera House and relayed to locations across the country – including to a huge screen in Ipswich’s Christchurch Park.
The screenings will include exclusive backstage footage, live audience interaction and a chance to win tickets to next season’s performance of The Royal Ballet’s The Nutcracker and a night for two at an exclusive London hotel.
The event is open to everyone, whether they are new to opera or keen devotees.
Tony Hall, chief executive of the Royal Opera House, said: “These screenings are a wonderful opportunity for people to get outdoors and experience world-class performances in the open air – and it’s all for free.
“With the support of BP we’re providing the opportunity for people to enjoy opera and ballet in a range of fantastic venues across the UK, creating unforgettable experiences.
“Even if you’ve never watched an opera or ballet before, why not invite family and friends along and give it a chance – you could even bring a picnic!”
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 6 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 7 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 8 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
Madam Butterfly will be broadcast live at 7.30pm on Monday, July 4.