Ipswich: Royal Opera House performance to be shown live at Christchurch Park
OPERA fans new and old can feel part of the action as a live performance is beamed direct from one of London’s most famous theatres to Ipswich.
Performances of Madam Butterfly and Cinderella will be staged at Covent Garden’s Royal Opera House and relayed to locations across the country – including to a huge screen in Ipswich’s Christchurch Park.
The screenings will include exclusive backstage footage, live audience interaction and a chance to win tickets to next season’s performance of The Royal Ballet’s The Nutcracker and a night for two at an exclusive London hotel.
The event is open to everyone, whether they are new to opera or keen devotees.
Tony Hall, chief executive of the Royal Opera House, said: “These screenings are a wonderful opportunity for people to get outdoors and experience world-class performances in the open air – and it’s all for free.
You may also want to watch:
“With the support of BP we’re providing the opportunity for people to enjoy opera and ballet in a range of fantastic venues across the UK, creating unforgettable experiences.
“Even if you’ve never watched an opera or ballet before, why not invite family and friends along and give it a chance – you could even bring a picnic!”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Madam Butterfly will be broadcast live at 7.30pm on Monday, July 4.