Ipswich: Simple Minds are alive, kicking and coming to the Regent
Rock legends Simple Minds bring their Greatest Hits Live tour to the Regent next year.
Known for hits including Alive and Kicking, Don’t You (Forget About Me), Waterfront and more, the Glasgow band have had six number albums in the UK, topped America’s Billboard chart and hit the top spot in Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
The tour coincides with the release of the greatest hits collection Celebrate next March; which also includes two new tracks.
“When we started Simple Minds our objective was to be considered as one of the great live bands,” says frontman Jim Kerr.
“A band that had the desire to go all around the world, playing everywhere and anywhere. That challenge is ongoing and we will relish touring all over the UK next spring, getting up close to so many who have supported us over the last three decades and more.”
You may also want to watch:
Simple Minds play the Ipswich Regent on Saturday, May 4, 2013. Tickets go on sale from the Regent at 10am this Friday. For breaking entertainment news follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash