Ipswich: Singer Mick Squalor sets his sights on becoming the king of rock and toilet roll with gig in pub loo
- Credit: Archant
A singer is set to perform one of the most unique gigs of his career this week – from the toilet of an Ipswich pub.
Dingus Khan frontman Mick Squalor said he was inspired to put on the show at The Steamboat because of the acoustics of the room, which he hopes will make it a gig for people to remember.
The Manningtree-based musician’s performance will be filmed in the toilet and shown on a screen in the pub.
He said: “I was in there today and realised how small the toilet was but I’m quite excited.
“Even if it all just crumbles, it will still be an interesting experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Squalor, 24, has been on stage at the likes of Reading and Leeds but he believes this could be one of his most daunting performances yet as he won’t be able to see his audience.
The show takes place on Friday and starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion