Ipswich: Top authors announced for literary festival
- Credit: Archant © 2004
War Horse author Michael Morpurgo is among those taking part in Literary Ipswich this autumn.
Talks by him, Simon Hoggart and Simon Mayo are at the heart of the event, which also includes a creative writing workshop, a self-publishing masterclass and a writers’ café. Youngsters can enter the short story competition and anybody can join the literary walk around Ipswich.
“The success of the literary programme within the Ip-art Festival has encouraged the launch of Literary Ipswich as an inspiring and enjoyable event in its own right,” said artistic director Sara Newman.
“I hope the 2013 programme will be the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in the creation and appreciation of the written word in our region.”
It takes place from October 2-6. The theme for the young people’s short story competition will be revealed on May 17. Booking opens on July 15. More events will be announced at www.ip-lit.co.uk over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Novelist Esther Freud said: “I very much enjoyed my visit to Ipswich in 2010 during the Ip-art Festival. I am delighted Literary Ipswich is building on the solid foundations established over the last few years and wish it every success.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident