Ipswich: Town centre activities for the family
- Credit: Fotopress,Dundee
Ipswich town centre will be full of family fun as part of the week-long Celebrate Ipswich festival.
Running to August 26, Ipswich Central and the borough council have teamed up to stage a series of activities starting on Monday.
Picnic on the Plaza returns with games, face-painting and lots more around the Cornhill, including a screening of the children’s film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at 1pm.
On Tuesday there will be street performances throughout the town centre from 10am to 4pm, and from 10am to 4pm on Wednesday the Lane Market returns to the historic throughways.
Wednesday will also include six pop-up places including the airstream art trailer on the Cornhill, modern and old classics performed in the Campervan Classic at Giles Circus, a mobile farm house offering gardening tips and the chance to get your hands dirty by planting your own seeds to take away and grow, the quirky Photocab on the Cornhill, Smoothie Bikes where you have to pedal as fast as you can to create your own drink and the Coca Cola truck will be giving away lots of exclusive freebies on the Cornhill.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, Titan the Robot will be greeting town centre shoppers from noon.
Paul Clement chief executive of Ipswich Central said: “With spruce up the streets in full swing, Celebrate Ipswich is nearly upon us.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
“This is a great opportunity for the residents and visitors alike to celebrate all that is great about our town.
“There are so many events on thought the week it promises to offer something for everyone.”
Incorporating the Maritime Ipswich Festival and Ipswich Beer Festival, othe events include Art A’Hoy exhibition at University Campus Suffolk, pop-up museums showcasing some of Ipswich’s hidden historic gems, fun activities at shops around the town centre, street entertainers, river cruises, continental and Waterfront markets, fancy dress Friday, famous tall ships you can jump aboard, a ghost walk, Georgian activities, a pirates’ treasure hunt, baroque entertainment, live music and a firework display.
For more information about what’s on where and when visit www.allaboutipswich.com