Ipswich: Uprock to launch regular live music nights
A POPULAR club night has unveiled plans for regular live music showcases – starting this Saturday.
Uprock said the town was in “desperate need” of venues for up-and-coming artists and aims to stage monthly gigs at The Swan pub in Ipswich.
Two highly-rated local bands are on the bill for the free gig on Saturday night. They are Cathedrals & Cars, a three-piece acoustic band from Bury St Edmunds, and Dingus Khan, a Manningtree band noted for their live shows, featuring three drummers.
The trio behind Uprock have promoted live nights in the past, including performances from Ed Sheeran, DELS, Mumford & Sons, Jeffrey Lewis and Jamie T.
Richard Haugh, of Uprock, said: “The quality and diversity of local talent is as strong as we can remember it being, but it comes at a time when few venues are offering opportunities for these acts to showcase their talent.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to provide a high profile platform for these acts – we’re on a Saturday night and in the centre of town.”
Admission is free and the Uprock DJs will also be playing music at the night, which starts at 8pm and ends at 1am.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship