Ipswich: Violinist Kennedy comes back to the Regent
Virtuoso violinist Nigel Kennedy returns to town next year for a show celebrating the music of Bach and Fats Waller.
“Playing Bach and Fats Waller on one show is a dream for me – two amazing keyboard players, both masters of harmony and melody,” said Kennedy, whose 2012 dates with the same programme got rave reviews.
Starting with a Bach violin solo, he will be joined on stage by an acoustic guitarist, double bassist and percussionist to perform his own arrangements of the music of the legendary Waller.
The best selling classical violinist of all time, Kennedy’s technique, talent and mass appeal have seen him become one of the world’s leading violinists for the last 25 years.
He comes to the Ipswich Regent on May 7. He was last here in January performing his new interpretation of Vivaldi’s Fours Seasons as well as a new piece of work, the Four Elements.
Tickets are on sale now.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 9 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment