Ipswich: Violinist Kennedy comes back to the Regent
Virtuoso violinist Nigel Kennedy returns to town next year for a show celebrating the music of Bach and Fats Waller.
“Playing Bach and Fats Waller on one show is a dream for me – two amazing keyboard players, both masters of harmony and melody,” said Kennedy, whose 2012 dates with the same programme got rave reviews.
Starting with a Bach violin solo, he will be joined on stage by an acoustic guitarist, double bassist and percussionist to perform his own arrangements of the music of the legendary Waller.
The best selling classical violinist of all time, Kennedy’s technique, talent and mass appeal have seen him become one of the world’s leading violinists for the last 25 years.
He comes to the Ipswich Regent on May 7. He was last here in January performing his new interpretation of Vivaldi’s Fours Seasons as well as a new piece of work, the Four Elements.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon