Ipswich: X Factor stars Union J to play Regent
- Credit: Archant
X Factor boyband Union J’s first ever UK headline tour will stop off at the Ipswich Regent next year.
Following the success of their debut single Carry You, JJ Hamblett, Jaymi Hensley, Josh Cuthbert and George Shelley come to town on Friday, January 3.
“The thing we love most about music is performing and we are so excited to get out on the road for our first ever tour,” said the foursome.
“Playing our album to fans will be brilliant. We are so excited and promise to put on a really special show.”
The semi-finalists just missed out on a place in the hit ITV1 show’s final after being narrowly beaten by Christopher Maloney in the public vote.
It’s been non-stop for the boys since leaving X Factor.
With a top five single, almost a million Twitter followers, nine million views on Youtube and a book deal in the bag, things show no sign of slowing down for Union J this year.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
It will be a homecoming of sorts for former Soham Village College student and jockey Hamblett, who is from Newmarket.
Tickets for the Ipswich leg of their Magazines and TV Screens tour go on sale from 9am, Friday, June 14.
Visit the theatre’s website at www.IpswichRegent.com or call the box office on 01473 433100.