Ipswich: X Factor winners Little Mix announce Ipswich date
FRESH from their success supporting JLS in Chantry Park, X Factor champions Little Mix are heading back to town.
Their first UK headline tour will end at the Ipswich Regent on February 21 next year.
“It’s going to be crazy, like you’re entering Little Mix’s world but it will be even more extravagant. We want it to just be spectacular and want people to go ‘oh my God that was an amazing show’,” said Jesy Nelson.
“I cannot wait. It’s really nice to be on our tour and know everyone who’s there is there for us; that’s going to be really cool.”
It’s been an amazing few months for her, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall who all originally auditioned for last year’s contest as solo performers.
You may also want to watch:
Brought together by judge and mentor Tulisa Contostavlos they became the show’s first ever group winners.
“It’s like a rollercoaster. We’ve had hardly any days off and hardly any sleep but it’s all been worth it,” added Jesy.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
The girls shot straight to number one last night with second single Wings.
“We had a number one with [debut single] Cannonball and that was amazing, but this is our song, we wrote it so it means even more to us.”
They are looking forward to performing songs off their highly anticipated debut album, due out in November, for Ipswich fans.
“We can’t wait for it to come out and everyone to hear more of our music. We’ve pretty much finished it now; it’s just like tweaking things and making them perfect. It’s got something on there for everyone.”
Tickets for the February 21 gig go on sale from 10am this Friday.
For the latest entertainment news follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter