Review: Love Island 2018 final
- Credit: ITV
Jack and Dani take the crown as winners of this year’s Love Island
They did it. The nation voted my favourite couple Jack and Dani as winners of Love Island 2018.
In last night’s finale, the girls got dressed up to the nines, while the boys got suited and booted, before declaring their love – or like in Laura and Paul’s case – for each other.
When it came to Jack, he declared Dani an ‘absolute sort’ and got choked up when putting his feelings into words. There was definitely something in my eye…
A recap of the whole series looked at the (rather short in places) history of all the couples, but there was only one story most of us were interested in and that was ‘Jani’ of course, the only pair together since the very start.
You may also want to watch:
Sweet and romantic, and definitely not part of the ‘do bits society’ – not with her dad Danny Dyer watching – they warmed the cockles of my heart.
Then it was time for the results. Megan and Wes came fourth and Casa Amor couple Kaz and Josh were third.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
So it was just Laura and Paul and Jack and Dani left. But I think we all knew who the winners would be.
Sure enough, ‘Jani’ were declared winners. But it didn’t end there. They each had to choose an envelope, one would be empty, the other containing £50,000. Whoever got the prize could choose to keep it or share it with their beau.
Jack got the winning envelope and announced he would share it, ‘obviously’.
Like Dani and Jack, I was grinning from ear to ear, but with slightly less dazzling white teeth.