James Blunt and Plan B play Newmarket Nights 2018
- Credit: Archant
James Blunt and Plan B have joined this year’s Newmarket Nights line-up.
Blunt, who last entertained thousands there in 2014, returns on June 29. His 2004 debut, Back to Bedlam, became one of the best-selling albums in UK chart history, boasting break-out hits You’re Beautiful, Wisemen and Goodbye My Lover.
He’s sold more than 20million albums worldwide and 12.8m singles. His most recent album, The Afterlove, became his fifth top 10 charting album. It saw him sell out arenas across Europe and join Suffolk’s own Ed Sheeran on tour in America and Australia.
He said: “I’m really looking forward to returning to Newmarket Racecourses on my tour. It will definitely be a highlight for me this summer.”
BRIT Award winner, director, actor and musical maverick Plan B’s show on July 27 will be among his first UK summer shows in four years. His fourth album, Heaven Before All Hell Breaks Loose, is out on April 14.
His sophomore album, The Defamation Of Strickland Banks, achieved quadruple-platinum status; selling more than 1.4million copies in the UK alone and hit the number one album spot on release. It saw him win a BRIT and three Ivor Novello Awards and includes the smash hit She Said.
His 2012 directorial debut and accompanying album iLLManors saw him breaking boundaries with his creative style of overlapping stories and interweaving rap-narrative as well as nominated for his fifth BRIT Award, his first Mercury Music prize and hitting the top spot in the UK album chart.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 3 Developer chosen to build 3,000 new homes in Suffolk
- 4 Warning after 'Nottingham Knockers' visit homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 7 Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Ipswich Town: Disjointed Blues beaten for first time under McKenna
- 8 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 9 'Concentration is massive' - McKenna on Town's 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
He said: “Excited to announce I’m headlining Newmarket Nights at Newmarket Racecourses this summer. Looking forward to playing songs from the new album.”
Craig David performs on July 20 while The Vamps will headline the family-friendly Summer Saturday Live on August 25.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said 2018 is shaping up to be their biggest year yet, with further announcements in the coming weeks.
“We’re excited to welcome James back as we know first hand how exceptional his live shows are. Plan B is also a great addition to our line up, it will be his first time at the racecourse but I am sure he will be very popular.”