Ipswich-born Amazon chart-topper to play first Suffolk gig
- Credit: Mart's Arts Photography
An Ipswich-born singer who has teamed up with a new band will bring a mix of country, bluegrass, rock and Americana to a gig at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds next spring.
Formerly a solo singer, James White has previously been recognised by the Glastonbury Festival as an emerging talent.
In 2020, he started a new band in Saffron Walden - James White and the Wild Fire.
Despite being unmanaged and unsigned, the band's debut album Making Tracks reached number one in both the folk and country album charts on Amazon.
After what has been a difficult time for those in the music industry, James is excited to be performing with his band.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I am originally from Suffolk and was born in Ipswich, where all my family still live. This will be the first show with my new band in my home county."
James White and the Wild Fire will perform at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds in spring 2022, originally their gig was scheduled for this Friday, August 13, 2021.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family