Jimmy’s Farm hosts comedy night
HOLLYOAKS and Casualty star turned stand-up James Redmond will headline a night of comedy at Jimmy’s Farm this Thursday.
In his first year as a stand up, the former actor has already notched up more than 100 gigs, including performances at the Edinburgh Festival and the Comedy Store.
“I know I’ve done it the wrong way around, most actors do stand-up while they’re waiting for acting work - but I just thought rather than twiddle my thumbs I’d get out there,” he said. “I thought I wanted to learn something new. I’ve been going for a year now and I’m really enjoying it.”
The farm’s Jimmy Doherty can’t wait to see James’ highly recommended act.
“We’re building up a reputation as a comedy venue. The timber-framed restaurant is a wonderful place for comedy where you have a laugh and enjoy some top-notch food, all fresh from the farm.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be compered by Town 102’s breakfast presenter Nick Pandolfi.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move