Jimmy’s Farm hosts science festival fun
Catch the science bug at Jimmy’s Farm’s annual Science Festival this weekend.
Mad scientist Professor Kaos will host his madcap electric show and youngsters will get the chance to get up close and personal with creepy crawlies from around the world including tarantulas, scorpions, hissing cockroaches and praying mantis.
“To celebrate National Science and Engineering Week, we’re planning a fantastic festival to get us all excited about science in food, farming and animals,” says Jimmy Doherty, who studied zoology and has a PhD in entomology.
“I feel so passionately about getting kids interesting in science that admission for them is free, including the nature trail.”
As well as hands-on workshops and demonstrations, Jimmy will be joined by some of the biggest names on the science scene including The One Show’s resident science expert and Brainiac host Marty Jopson.
You may also want to watch:
He will present an historic tour of explosive inventions on stage both days at the Wherstead farm.
“Forget boring classrooms, science is exciting. Come along to Jimmy’s Farm and I will prove it,” promises Marty, who has also worked on What the Ancients Did for Us, Rough Science and The Big Bang.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
Steve Pearce from Omega Ingredients, dubbed “the Willy Wonka of flavourists”, will be creating unusual fragrances including the smell of Cleopatra’s hair on Saturday.