Kasabian and Calvin Harris announced as V Festival 2015 headliners
- Credit: © Steve George
Leicester-based rock band Kasabian and Scottish DJ Calvin Harris will be headlining the 2015 edition of V Festival, it has been revealed.
The festival, which will take place at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, on Saturday, August 22 and Sunday, August 23, will also feature Brit Award winner Sam Smith, Stereophonics, The Script, Ellie Goulding, George Ezra, Olly Murs and Tom Jones.
Kasabian guitarist Sergio Pizzorno, said: “V is for victory, V is for voodoo, V is for vacuum cloud, V is for very very very very excited. See you in the fields!”
Kasabian will headline the Saturday in Essex, before playing at Weston Park on the Sunday.
Calvin Harris will have played in Staffordshire on the Saturday before heading to Hylands Park to close the festival.
Festival Director Simon Moran said: “We wanted to champion British talent at this year’s festival and with the likes of Calvin and Kasabian leading the way we don’t think it’ll disappoint.
“The eclectic mix of established artists and rising stars, with a few more in the pipeline, means that once again there is something for everyone at V Festival.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 10 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
More acts are to be announced across four stages and the Glee Club Comedy Tent in the weeks leading up to the event.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday at www.vfestival.com
Sam Smith is the latest artist to be announced for the Forest Live series of summer concerts held at High Lodge in Thetford Forest in July.
The concert on Friday, July 3, will mark a return to East Anglia for the Cambridgeshire singer, who last week scooped the Global Success and British Breakthrough Act gongs at the Brit Awards.
Among the other confirmed artists for the summer concerts are The Script on Thursday, July 2, Paloma Faith on July 4 and Tom Odell on July 5, with The Script and Paloma Faith already sold out.
Visit forestry.gov.uk/music for tickets and more information.