Kerry Ellis and Brian May unveil new song at theatre fundraiser
- Credit: Andrew Whitton
Suffolk-born West End star Kerry Ellis is teaming up with pal, Queen guitarist Brian May, to debut a new song as part of the First Global Livestream ‘Variety Show’ on World Theatre Day, March 27, 2021.
The event will be available to view throughout the last weekend in March and will be raising money for acting charities thanks to contributions from stars from the world of theatre, music and dance, celebrating the magical connection and transformative power of the Arts.
The event has been put together by Strictly star Pasha Kovalev with his dance partner Anya Garnis.
Anya said: “Having not been able to perform throughout 2020 and seeing many of my friends struggle without a creative outlet due to the pandemic, we decided we had to take matters into our own hands and create a virtual experience that could bring the Arts back to life”.
Joining Pasha and Anya, Kerry and Brian will be Ipswich-born Strictly star Robin Windsor, Strictly champion Kevin Clifton, choreographer Arlene Phillips, musical legend Don Black, actress Lisa Riley, actor and boy band star Duncan James as well as the stars from the musical Chicago.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, at £19, are available online (https://www.riseupwitharts.com/)
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store