All you need to know about Ladies Day and the Moët & Chandon July festival
- Credit: PA
World-class horse racing, fabulous fashion and musical entertainment is returning to Newmarket Racecourse for its annual three-day extravaganza.
Newmarket’s yearly summer spectacular will take place on July 11 to July 13 and will attract hundreds of people from all over the UK.
Ladies Day - July 11
The Moët & Chandon July festival will kick off on July 11 with the iconic Ladies Day - a day dedicated to looking your best.
Fancy hats, elegant fashionistas and divine dresses will fill the July course for the day of racing.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 11.20am and there will be seven races throughout the day. The first race, The Bahrain Trophy, starts at 1.50pm and is described as a “spectacle not to be missed”.
Guests can also compete for the Best Dressed Lady competition, it is free to enter and gives ladies the chance to win an array of prizes.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
As well as racing, there will be live music and other entertainment throughout the day.
After the last race, a special guest DJ will hit the decks so race-goers can dance the night away.
Tickets for the event often sell out, so it is important to grab them fast. Prices start at £16 but increase depending on which enclosure you pick.
Feel Good Friday - July 12
Feel Good Friday is a great day out to enjoy with family, friends or colleagues.
Guests can expect a day of racing and entertainment, while style spotters will also be on the look-out all day for budding fashionistas to enter the Style Awards. The competition is available for groups of three or more and there are prizes up for grabs for the best dressed.
Once the racing draws to a close, an evening of feel good tunes is planned so the event finishes on a high.
Darley July Cup Day
The last day of the festival is dedicated to the all important Darley July Cup. The Group 1 Race is described as “one of the most valuable and prestigious sprint races in the world” - the winner of the cup is often acknowledged to be the best sprinter in Europe.
This exciting day is the best time to bring children, as under-18s can visit all enclosures for free.
There is also additional free entertainment in the garden enclosure, which will include Rowley’s Kids Club, inflatables, face painting and craft activities.
There will also be an award for the best dressed couple. If you and your partner are coordinating stylish outfits, you could get your hands on thousands of pounds worth of prizes.
There will also be the official Après Racing after party once the racing has finished.