Latitude: Dingus Khan make a lot of friends with ramshackle rock show
Loud, brash and a lot of fun – Dingus Khan were great to watch.
Hailing from Manningtree, the group took to The Alcove stage for new local bands and made a big impression.
The lead singer resembled a young Noddy Holder with his chunky sideburns and had a touch of the Jack Black about him from his School of Rock days.
Dingus, with their infectious energy and work-rate, even had their own little fan club singing every word, loving every minute.
And it was this passion which made their riotous rock worth watching.
You may also want to watch:
The band who dressed, barring the Noddy look-a-like in white lab coats, had sweat pouring off them but the young crowd didn’t mind.
Security had to respond when they were rightly swamped by stage invaders eager to get closer.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
Downing cans of beer, stage diving and playing like their lives depended on it; the band are ones to look out for.
If I had to give them a star rating they’d get five.
Check out www.dinguskhan.co.uk for more on them.