Latitude: Festival virgin Matt Hunter on Latitude 2014
- Credit: Archant
In previous years, Matt Hunter has fled Henham Park once the last act has left the stage, retreating to the comfort of his own bed.
But this time around, he is feeling brave and has taken his tent with him, ready to embrace the full Latitude experience.
How will he cope with festival camping? Well he informed us he had camped with the Scouts so was prepared for anything.
Here is the first instalment of his Latitude diary.
The sun is out, the music has started and I’ve made it to Latitude.
This three-day festival promises a fabulous weekend with some of the greatest artists in the world performing right here in Suffolk.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
I had planned on coming up last night but a late hiccup derailed that idea.
The next step has to be the tent but putting it up is not something I’m looking forward to.
I did ask for some help from my esteemed colleague, Callum Maclean, but he’s busy apparently.
Billy Bragg and the secret evening headliner on the Obelisk Arena will be among some of the acts I’ve got to review.
One task for today is to venture to some of the further flung parts of the Henham Park site.
The Faraway Forest, Pandora’s Playground and The Shed of Stories all sound like they are worth a look.
Bigger names are here too. Lily Allen is promising to prove the doubters wrong with her unscheduled headline slot and Dara O’Briain will pull in a massive crowd for his comedy set.
For full Latitude coverage, including weather updates, traffic warnings, previews, reviews and photos, see our Latitude 2014 page