‘Life on the Deben’ film to come to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
For a river just over 25 miles long the Deben packs a mighty punch in terms of tranquil beauty, ever changing scenery and astonishing history.
And author and journalist John McCarthy along with Woodbridge based film-maker Tim Curtis embark on a journey into the Deben’s rich past, looking at its geography, environment and the influence the river has had over the people who have lived by its banks in a film being shown at the Regal, in Stowmarket, later this month.
“Life on the Deben” is being screened on Sunday and Thursday, January 21 and 25 following seven consecutive sell out screenings at the Riverside Cinema, in Woodbridge.
Recent discoveries have shown that the river Deben was a far more significant Anglo-Saxon region than was first thought. The film introduces the real-life detectorists and the leading archeologists who reveal what has been found at Rendlesham.
The film features wildlife and conservation along the river and looks at daily life past and present, including boat building, sailing, farming, fishing and even smuggling.
You may also want to watch:
Since its launch at the end of last year over 3,500 DVDs of the film have been sold as well and profits from the film will go to the Woodbridge Riverside Trust which has been set up to support Deben riverside projects and educate people about the area’s maritime heritage.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 8 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 9 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player