Little Britain pair make a flying visit to county
COMEDY superstars David Walliams and Matt Lucas have been filming scenes for their new series at Stansted Airport.
The pair, who shot to fame with their hit show Little Britain, have been working on a new six-part series called Come Fly With Me.
It is being filmed at various airports across the country including the Essex hub, and will be a spoof on airport shows like Airport and Airline.
The characters include moustached customs officer Ian, played by David Walliams, and airline official Taaj, played by Matt Lucas.
A host of guest stars who will be appearing in the programme have also been spotted at the airport including Barbara Windsor, Geri Halliwell, Dale Winton, Anna Friel and David Schwimmer.
You may also want to watch:
The series is due to be screened on BBC1 later this year.
A Stansted spokesman said: “The airport is a popular location with both production companies working on both TV drama and major movies.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
“We’ve welcomed a range of celebrities from big screen favourites like Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thomson to home-grown Essex comedian Russell Brand.
“Spooks has filmed scenes at Stansted and EastEnders is a regular visitor as the terminal is the closest major airport to the Soap’s fictional home of Walford.”