Local businesses to highlight the talents of Sudbury’s many artists
- Credit: Archant
Business premises in Sudbury are set to become temporary galleries displaying the work of local artists ahead of a forthcoming open studios event.
From May 13 to 28, Winch and Blatch, the Angel Wine Bar and the Art and Framing Centre are giving artists living in and around the town a chance to put their work on show.
The ‘Art About Town’ initiative is a prelude to the ever-popular Suffolk Open Studios event which takes place in June. As part of the open studios on June 5 and 6, ten Sudbury artists and makers will throw open the doors to the spaces where they create in an ‘art trail’ around the town.
Flyers with details of all those taking part will be available at various locations around Sudbury including Gainsborough’s House, the Tourist Information Centre and the Quay Theatre. In addition the artists will have a stall on Market Hill on May 28 showcasing their work.
Judith Glover, one of the artists, said: “We are inviting people to visit our studios and find out what inspires us, chat about our work and see where we create our art. Sudbury is a great place for ‘creatives’ to live and we are thrilled to be so warmly supported by the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane Hatton, of Sudbury Town Team, said: “When we did this last year, Sudbury had more art displayed than any other town in Suffolk. Sudbury is already quite well-known for its art because of the connection with Thomas Gainsborough, and St Peter’s Church hosts several high-profile annual art exhibitions.
“Art About Town gives people a chance to have a look at some of the art on offer without having to visit a gallery.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
“Sudbury already has a successful food and drink festival and, ideally, we would like the town to become renowned for its food and its art.”
Visit www.suffolkopenstudios.org/artist-trails for more details.