Popular children's play park to reopen following months of closure
- Credit: Mick Howes
A popular children's play park which has been closed off since July 2021 will reopen this week after months of closure.
Work to replace the current equipment will be completed this week, in time for the play park to reopen this weekend.
A spokesman for East Suffolk Council said: “East Suffolk Council can confirm that work to replace equipment at the Royal Green play area, in Lowestoft, is due for completion by the end of this week.
“The play area is expected to be open for this weekend following the removal of protective fencing.
“Before reopening the area, the opportunity was taken to also carry out further refurbishment to other parts of the equipment.
“All of our play areas are regularly inspected and risk assessed to help maintain them in a safe condition for children to use.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important