Mike and The Mechanics back on the road
AFTER a six-year gap and a massive reunion with Genesis, Mike Rutherford is relaunching a new generation of Mike and The Mechanics.
Formed in 1984 as a side project, the band went on to sell more than ten million albums.
Originally featuring vocalists Paul Carrack and Paul Young, formerly of Sad Caf�; they scored hits with Silent Running, All I Need Is A Miracle, The Living Years and Over My Shoulder.
Both co-writing and sharing the vocal duties on the new album and tour is Andrew Roachford and Tim Howar.
Roachford was one of the most successful UK R’n’B acts of the 90s and a prolific songwriter with hits Cuddly Toy and Only To Be With You. Canadian actor and singer Howar formed the band Vantramp who supported Rod Stewart, Paulo Nutini and Newton Faulkner and has starred as Stewart in the show Tonight’s The Night.
You may also want to watch:
The new line-up bring their Hit The Road Tour to the Regent next May 18. Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields