Mike and The Mechanics back on the road
AFTER a six-year gap and a massive reunion with Genesis, Mike Rutherford is relaunching a new generation of Mike and The Mechanics.
Formed in 1984 as a side project, the band went on to sell more than ten million albums.
Originally featuring vocalists Paul Carrack and Paul Young, formerly of Sad Caf�; they scored hits with Silent Running, All I Need Is A Miracle, The Living Years and Over My Shoulder.
Both co-writing and sharing the vocal duties on the new album and tour is Andrew Roachford and Tim Howar.
Roachford was one of the most successful UK R’n’B acts of the 90s and a prolific songwriter with hits Cuddly Toy and Only To Be With You. Canadian actor and singer Howar formed the band Vantramp who supported Rod Stewart, Paulo Nutini and Newton Faulkner and has starred as Stewart in the show Tonight’s The Night.
The new line-up bring their Hit The Road Tour to the Regent next May 18. Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 3 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash