More than 600 people attend Stowmarket model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended a model railway exhibition over the weekend.
More than 600 people of all ages attended Stowmarket Railway Club’s model railway exhibition on Sunday, at the Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre in the town.
Sixteen track layouts, as well as traders, were present at the show.
Club chairman John Stark said: “It was very successful and a good day.
“Everybody likes the exhibition because it’s a good family show.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stark said there were a number of layouts, in differing scales, for everyone to enjoy.
“We regularly do have good events but it was like a party,” Mr Stark added.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
“We’re pleased with the planning that went into it, pulling off another successful event.
“People keep saying they like coming because it’s a friendly show.
“Most of the exhibitors have time to talk to people. In massive shows perhaps you don’t get that.
“A big thank you to everyone who helped.”